Sunday, April 3, 2011

You just might stumble upon your selling point

 In all my years of teaching, the question I get asked the most remains the same and still makes me laugh a little. "How long will it take me to get really good at singing." Taking singing lessons is great, but you can't just rely on your vocal coach to make you into the singer you hope to be. You need to go home after each lesson and actually practice!!! Half of your practicing is listening back to your hopefully recorded singing lesson. Notice what part of the song you sang that you like and be proud. Notice what part of the you sang that you didn't like and do something about it! Don't just sit there and say "I didn't like that part" and leave it at that. Play around with your voice a bit. Try singing certain areas differently. Maby sing with less vibrato. Maby sing with a breathy tone. Take some chances. You just might stumble upon your selling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment