Saturday, April 16, 2011

My favorite question asked by 99.999% of all my students when they first meet me.

       My favorite question asked by 99.999% of all my students when they first meet me....."how long will it take me to get really good at singing." My answer EVERYTIME........"well, you'll have a better understanding after every single lesson. I don't go home with you to know if you're practicing properly. Quality practice is a much bigger deal than quantity practice. In other word, how are you practicing? are you recording yourself? Are you listening back? Are you just singing songs for hours on end? Listening back is half your practice right there!!! If there's something you didn't like when listening back, then do something about it. Try singing the line differently. Now re-record yourself. This is a much better way to practice than to just sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment