Friday, April 1, 2011

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!

I've been having the same conversation alllllllllllll morning long with each of my students. They want to have a singing career. They have the look and the talent. So my question is "what are you doing to get your name out there, find the auditions and help promote yourself?" Everyone has come up with the same answer "I don't know." I just don't get it. "Do you have a bio or a resume?" No. "Do you have a headshot?" No, not yet. "What do you have?" Well, I'm doing community theater......I'm auditioning for American Idol this summer, I'm auditioning for The X Factor.......etc.......
This is all great, but not enough. Times are different now a days. If you want this, I mean REALLY want this............YOU'R GONNA HAVE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. You have the whole internet at the tips of your fingers. USE IT. Google anything you can think of to help yourself find the auditions. Think of yourself as a product and market yourself. Get yourself a fanbase. Post your videos. Post your demos. DO SOMETHING!!!! Don't just sit there and let time slip between the cracks of your fingers. You can't get that back.

No comments:

Post a Comment