Thursday, June 16, 2011

STOP! DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!!!

Oh Dear God, I have to remember to breath when writing this blog. I have the most talented students ever! They get offered deals left and right. Record deals, distribution deals, demo deals, here a deal, there a deal. I hear about it EVERYDAY!!! It's so exciting........I know, but you have to think smart. You can't walk around with stars in your eyes if you plan on having a singing career. Do you know what all the fine print in your contract means? The guy that wants you to sign it does. You gotta contract? Now it's time to get an attorney......an entertainment attorney that is. You want one that has credibility to their name. What names have they worked with that you've heard of? It's time to do your homework. You'll thank me later.

PS. Would you go to a heart doctor if your foot was broken? Same idea when it comes to attorney's. 

1 comment:

  1. how can i be one of your students? ive been wanting to take my music to another level. ive always dreams of being a singer/songwriter. is there any way i can join your program?

    ReplyDelete